Thursday, June 21, 2007

Wine Blogging Wednesday #35: Spanish Value Wines

Right on the heels of yesterday's Spanish wine review comes the announcement of next month's Spanish-themed WBW. Michelle and Kevin over at My Wine Education will be our hosts for the July edition (#35!) of Wine Blogging Wednesday, the online tasting event started by Lenn Thompson of Lenndevours.

They have a great theme: Spanish value wines. Drink red, drink white, drink rose, drink whatever you want and try to stay around $10 (they'd like us to try for something under $10, but promise not to penalize folks for straying slightly above).

As regular readers know, one of my wine resolutions for the year was to try to learn more about Spanish wines, and wines under $10 are right up my alley, so I am looking forward to this theme. Here at GWU$20, I've tasted a number of wines that fit My Wine Education's brief, including some albarinos, a memorable rose, and tempranillo, and I've enjoyed each and every one of them.

To participate, drink something Spanish by Wednesday, July 11 and email your reactions (and your URL if you are a blogger) to spanish.wbw@gmail.com. The folks at My Wine Education are especially eager to know what the selection of Spanish wines was like in your store, and whether you felt the wine you tried was good value. No blog? Just email Michelle and Kevin your thoughts, and they will post them in the roundup.

2 comments:

David said...

saw the title and thought I'd missed another WBW that I'd enjoy...now I see this post was a heads up. Thanks, I'll be sure to join this one, I think Spanish reds are one of the best sources for value out there!

Dr. Debs said...

Great, David, and sorry for the false alarm. I agree, it's a great theme and will have a roundup I'm really looking forward to.